St Herbert's, Braithwaite
The church was Built as a daughter church to St. Mary’s Thornthwaite. St. Herbert’s (named after the local hermit saint who lived on an island on Derwentwater) was built in 1900. The church is found at the heart of the village community and next to the Church of England Primary School. After a major refurbishment the Church was re-dedicated by the Lord Bishop of Carlisle on 2nd February 2014.
Services are currently held on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month.